We offer a number of ministries for our youngest members and visitors, ranging from activities on Sunday mornings to special events geared to the needs of our children. Services include:
- Sunday School – Sunday School is offered at 9 am each Sunday, typically consisting of an interactive biblical lesson, followed by a craft or other activity supporting the theme of the lesson.
- Children’s Message – Each Sunday, a message is offered for the children during the regular church service, based on that Sunday’s Bible lesson. (Church services start at 10 am on Sundays.) Children then can rejoin their families or attend Nursery or Children’s Church, depending on their age.
- Nursery – During weekly church services, a nursery is offered for infants through Kindergarten-aged children, providing supervised play and other activities.
- Children’s Church – For Elementary school children, Children’s Church is available during the weekly church service, including a mixture of age-appropriate lessons, movies, and activities.
- Child care during Alpha – For those attending Alpha Bible Study sessions, supervised child care services are available.
- Easter Fair – On the Saturday before Easter each year, we hold an Easter Fair with a variety of crafts based on the biblical Easter story, followed by a huge Easter egg hunt. Every child is given a prize of a new stuffed animal, and free photos are available on site for the children.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) – In the summer, we offer a week-long VBS experience, often teaming with other local churches. Typically, VBS includes theme-based lessons, movies, crafts, games, songs, and of course, lots of fun!
- Children’s Christmas Bazaar – On the first Saturday of December, we offer a exciting Children’s Bazaar, where the children can buy Christmas gifts for everyone on their list, at child-friendly prices! The children select from gently-used, donated items, pay for their purchases, and then take gifts to be hand-wrapped by volunteers, at no extra charge. Most items are priced under a dollar, many for only 25 cents or less! The point of this event is not to make money, but to support children in the joy of giving! Proceeds are used to purchase items for other children’s ministries.
We love having children of all ages with us in church! We hope you will consider using some of our services to meet your children’s needs, or maybe even consider volunteering to help with our children’s ministries.